BU’s Conflict, Rule of Law and Society research team have been contributing to some important global discussions on a range of international blogs. Recent topics include Flight MH17, Crimea and Ukraine, abortion and televising criminal trials.
These and other blog post from the research team can be viewed from the links below.
- Robot law: what happens if intelligent machines commit crimes? by Jeff Wale and Dr David Yuratich
- Why incendiary weapons are here to stay by Dr Sascha Bachmann
- Drinking can harm a foetus, but court finds girl born with disorder wasn’t victim of crime by Jeff Wale
- The ICC can improve its image by going after North Korea and Islamic State Fighters by Dr Melanie Klinkner
- Explainer: International Law and flight MH17 by Dr Melanie Klinkner and The Downing of Malaysian Airliner MH17 by Dr Sascha Bachmann
- Mismatch in Notification reveal a worrying probelm in our abortion statistics by Jeff Wale
- Crimea and Ukraine 2014: A Brief Reflection on Russia’s ‘Protective Interventionism’ and Russia’s ‘spring’ of 2014 by Dr Sascha Bachmann
- Politics and Law of Dr Who by Dr David Yuratich
- Charles Taylor uses Media hype to lobby for a prison transfer by Dr Melanie Klinkner