BU researchers are taking part in the ECOSAL Atlantis project, which investigates, records and enhances the setting of traditional salt producing sites around the Atlantic coasts of Portugal, Spain, France and the UK.
The UK team are gearing up for a Spring and Summer field work season, involving key site-visits from Dorset, up to Northern Scotland, along the Welsh coast and over in Northern Ireland.
We have also been involved in assessing the ecological biodiversity at sites both in the UK and on the Continent.
- June 2013: Further meetings held in Cornwall and Dorset, June 2013
- June 2013: Salt Network Cluster meeting in Wales
- May 2013: Salt Network Cluster meeting in Cheshire
- April 2013: ECOSAL receives project extension
- November 2012: ECOSAL Final Conference held in Vitoria, Spain
- October 2012: Middlewich Salt Fair
- September 2012: Salt Fayre Cheshire
- July 2012: Saltfleetby Salt Making Demonstration
- June 2012: Visit to Northern Ireland
- April 2012: Visit to South West Scotland
- April 2012: ECOSAL Team Visit Bournemouth University
- April 2012: Portugal & Spain ECOSAL Research Trip
- March 2012: Salt Demonstration at Anderby Creek, Lincolnshire
- September 2011: Creating the ECOSAL-Atlantis traditional salt making route in the UK
- June – August 2011: ECOSAL research into salt-making sites in the UK
- May 2011: UK ECOSAL Team Visit Cumbria in North West England
- April 2011: Cheshire salt production sites visit
- March 2011: Ecology Fieldwork: Sampling the salinas in France