The Centre of Postgraduate Medical Research and Education (CoPMRE) is pleased to announce the Fifteenth Annual Symposium, Globalisation and Healthcare: Opportunities and Challenges. This symposium is suitable for primary and secondary care doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, academics, industry and anyone with an interest in medical research and education.
Lord Crisp’s 2015 report, The UK’s Contribution to Health Globally Benefitting the Country and the World highlighted the need for working in partnership to improve health globally and the mutual benefit for everyone who engages in such work. This calls for greater alignment between academia, commerce, government and the not-for profit sector as well as integration of health into foreign policy.
This symposium will therefore explore three linked globalisation concepts:
- What lessons can developed countries learn from developing countries and vice versa?
- Globalisation and healthcare: the application of digital technology
- Opportunities and challenges
- Barb Jacobson , Co-ordinator of Basic Income UK, Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN)
- Dr Waheed Arian Founder and CEO, Arian TeleHEAL
- Dame Yvonne Moores DBE Chair, Wessex Global Health Network
- Ben Simms CEO, Tropical Health Education Trust (THET)
- Dr Fleur Kitsell Health Dean Health Education England (Wessex)
- Millie Clive-Smith Chief Operating Officer, Co-Founder Entia Ltd
- Professor Rob Middleton Director of Orthopaedic Research Institute (ORI) BU
- Professor Edwin van Teijlingen Professor of Reproductive Health, FHSS BU
- Professor Anba Soopramanien MD PhD FRCP (Lon) Consultant in Spinal Injuries and Rehabilitation Medicine, Visiting Professor BU
- Professor Paul Thompson MD FRCP Visiting Professor, Bournemouth University
- Mr Tony Markus Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon & Visiting Fellow, BU
- Professor Colin Pritchard Professor Of Psychiatric Social Work, FHSS, BU
Please register here for your place at the conference: https://copmre2018.eventbrite.co.uk