Our research success is built upon a commitment to real world research that is of benefit to policy makers, planners and practitioners whilst also developing the knowledge base of the subject. Many of our research projects are commissioned by national governments or international agencies and incorporate the pragmatism of the business world with the rigour of academia.
ICTHR is truly international in its horizons working with colleagues and for clients across all continents. Projects include impact studies, tourism planning, marketing strategies, labour analyses and explorations into the effects of events and other MICE activities. We pride ourselves on working with clients in a close professional manner, where frequent and prompt communication is embedded in our approach to projects. Our publications are of the highest quality and this is endorsed by the fact that ICTHR is home to four leading international journals in tourism:
- International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research (Wiley Publishers)
- Tourism Economics (IP Publishing Ltd)
- Tourism Management (Elsevier)
- Tourism Management Perspectives (Elsevier)
ICTHR is also home to three of the leading tourism textbooks:
- John Fletcher et al (2013) Tourism Principles and Practice, 5th edition Pearson Education
- S J Page (2011) Tourism Management: An Introduction, 4th edition Routledge
- S J Page and J Connell (2014) Tourism: A Modern Synthesis, 4th edition Cengage Learning
We welcome enquiries from potential clients and are happy to explore potential research projects with you on an informal basis prior to any decisions being made.